The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) was founded in 1957 as the global trade and professional association of the shopping center industry. Its 60,000 members in the U.S., Canada and more than 80 other countries include shopping center owners, developers, managers, marketing specialists, investors, lenders, retailers and other professionals as well as academics and public officials.
ICSC’s goals include:
- Promoting the role of shopping centers in the marketing of consumer goods and services.
- Encouraging research into the architecture and design of shopping centers and into the development of improved management and maintenance methods.
- Collecting and disseminating information among members pertaining to techniques of profitable operation, which can serve to improve the individual shopping center and the industry.
- Researching economic, marketing and promotional conditions affecting the shopping center industry.
- Advancing the prestige and standing of members as reputable specialists in the field of shopping center development and management.